Cherry tomato and honey spaghetti
- Spaghetti number 1, ‘capellini’, one packet dry
- Cherry tomatoes, ½ Kg
- Balsamic vinegar, 4 Tbsp
- Honey, 2 Tbsp
- Ginger, fresh, 3 pieces whole
- Tomato paste, one small can
- Water, 1 cup
- Basil, one handful
- Basil oil , 2 Tbsp
- Black pepper
- Parmesan shredded, 2 Tbsp
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tsp salt
- Meanwhile, heat the 2 Tbsp of basil oil in a large pan. Add the finger to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, honey and balsamic , then basil, 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften but don’t break up.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, add the capellini to the pot of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, add the tomatoes and Parmesan and toss well. Add some of the pasta water if the pasta seems too dry. Serve large bowls of pasta with extra basil sprinkled on top.