Serves 12-16 pieces
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large jug of water
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup sugar and the flour. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, then add salt and vinegar. Beat until fully incorporated then begin to add the remaining sugar 1-2 tablespoons at a time. Once you have soft mix, add the vanilla and beat for a few seconds to evenly distribute.
- Sift the flour mixture over the egg whites in separate additions and gently fold it in after each addition.
- Transfer your mix into your ungreased pan. Smooth the top with a spatula
- Bake for 55-60 minutes